It started out as a completely normal day. Woke up and had a cup of coffee while checking Facebook. Had a yummy strawberry-spinach smoothie for breakfast, read some pages on the blog I’m currently obsessed with, took a shower. Used my new fancy blow-dryer to get lovely smooth hair, which I then messed up by going to the gym & walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes!
Yes, I realize that showering before exercising is not the smartest move, but it was not my dumbest move today. It’s not my normal routine.
My real stupidity kicked in when I returned to the apartment, and began to fix myself something to eat. A bowl of grapes, a Babybel cheese, and some leftover beef brisket. While my meat was warming in the microwave, I filled my water bottle and added a packet of Crystal Light drink mix. Cherry-Pomegranate flavor. It’s bright red. Then I picked up my bottle & shook it.
(Can you guess what happened next?)
Suddenly, there was hot pink water everywhere! The flip top on my bottle hadn’t clicked all the way shut, and I sprayed half the kitchen & myself with what is, essentially, diet Kool-Aid.
Because I was facing the counter between the fridge & stove, that area looked as if it had been painted fuchsia. I frantically took all the magnets & memorabilia off the fridge & wiped them clean, then went after the rest of the kitchen. The white wall is still faintly pink, and will require more scrubbing than I was willing to do this afternoon.
And after all that, I had to change my shirt & bra, which were both soaked in pink sticky liquid, and reheat my dinner.
Trust me, from now on, I will be sure the flip-top is secure. And I think I’ll be sticking to beverages of a lighter color, just in case.
Image from Google Images.